please help goose attacked by dog

so an update on my goose ( her name is loosey the gander is goosey my kids named them) so today temps about 97. in an 8'x8' pen. lots of grass and feed their pool is fresh and cleaned. she is doing very well. no limping or holding foot up dog did return he was greeted with an unpleasant suprise. that dog will never show up on my land again. no i didn't kill him. we trapped him and called animal control. but told the animal control officer that if that dog ever returned i will shoot to kill. as for the geese making it into your heart faster then you think, my son and daughter got them from a friend of my husbands. we went to pick up a rooster for the hens and there are the funny looking fuzzy geese. of course kids beg husband gives in, i am thinking great another animal to feed. well as it turned out. the geese know when i come out to feed they are at my heals. will eat right out of my hand. and talk to me. i love it. now if they will stop eating my flowers we would be great.

Last edited:
My advise is fence in the flowers with 2 foot fencing. Anything geese like is fair game to eat so we have to keep them out of things. Mine ate all of my hosta's I had! I had a number of varieties and they ate them all I do believe the ducks when we had them did help too.

So glad that you caught the dog and had him taken by the animal control. I know I called the police about some dogs that came up when I had peacocks and jump onto the kennel door until the got it open and then went after one of them and my husband got the peacock away from it! No I did not lose any one of them. Some flew into the trees. But the police told me to shoot the dogs because they are bothering or threatening to kill our live stock and that is against the law.......

so an update on my goose ( her name is loosey the gander is goosey my kids named them) so today temps about 97. in an 8'x8' pen. lots of grass and feed their pool is fresh and cleaned. she is doing very well. no limping or holding foot up dog did return he was greeted with an unpleasant suprise. that dog will never show up on my land again. no i didn't kill him. we trapped him and called animal control. but told the animal control officer that if that dog ever returned i will shoot to kill. as for the geese making it into your heart faster then you think, my son and daughter got them from a friend of my husbands. we went to pick up a rooster for the hens and there are the funny looking fuzzy geese. of course kids beg husband gives in, i am thinking great another animal to feed. well as it turned out. the geese know when i come out to feed they are at my heals. will eat right out of my hand. and talk to me. i love it. now if they will stop eating my flowers we would be great.
I'm glad to hear This dog is taken care of but don't ever let your guard down, where there is 1 more seem to come. We spent a small fortune getting more of our property fenced in with no climb horse fencing to keep out roaming dogs etc. They seem to ocme out of the wood work when you have flocks of any kind, and no just dogs but other preds too. Glad to hear Loosey the gander is doing good. That is great news. Now we need some pics!

So Loosy is doing great out today for some grazing

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom