Please Help..Hen open mouth breathing and has mucus in her mouth. She just started last night. She will seem to try n sneeze freaks out and shakes hea

Bittys Mom

Hatching
Mar 3, 2024
Can you please tell me what I should give her for what seems to be a respiratory infection. It came on suddenly but she always had a Lil bit of water come outta her nostrils when she pecked on things. I never thought much of it. But now she's not eating or drinking. And she's not moving. She's 4 she's an indoor chick.n I can't find a vet to see her today. She's my Baby. Please help?? Ty

Welcome To BYC

I'm sorry about your hen.

You mention water came out of her nostrils when pecked at something.

I'd check her crop first to make sure that is not the problem. Look inside her beak for any obstruction.
If it's not emptying overnight, then I'd address that symptom https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/..

If she lives indoors full time and has not been exposed to other chickens or birds recently, it would be a bit puzzling how or why she's suddenly developed respiratory illness.
Symptoms of respiratory illness is lethargy, watery/bubbly eyes with pus and/or facial swelling, mucous from the nostrils, coughing, sneezing, etc.

Tylosin is commonly used to treat respiratory illness like Mycoplasma, but I'd investigate other causes like the crop, something in the environment that like an irritant, etc.

Back
Top Bottom