Please help!! I have 2 chickens with different problems!

No, when I first got her she walked normal. Then around July/August she started to walk funny. Then she started to look like she was improving in September/October, even started to walk almost normal. Then one day I went out and she was walking even worse than before. She hasn't walked normal since. I am really worried about her.

Have you started the vitamins yet? It is really a low cost treatment that may well help with the curled toes. It won't help over night, but may take several weeks. It could be a vitamin B2 deficiency, or as rbaker said, maybe rickets. Rickets is easily treated with vitamin D3 for 2 weeks. So I would treat for both by giving poultry vitamins daily plus a dose of D3 for two weeks, then continue the vitamins. Check your feed to make sure it is fresh since vitamins can diminish with older feed. Here is a link: http://www.hobbyfarms.com/livestock-and-pets/rickets-in-chickens.aspx

Last edited:
I haven't started the vitamins yet. I have to wait until I get paid, but I am definitely going to go buy them for her. Thank you everyone for all your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Please keep us updated, this is one that I haven't seen before and I think that updates on her condition and any info you could pass along for us all to discuss could help someone else one day.

I most definitely will keep everyone posted about her condition. I hope one day that what we are going through will help someone else with their chicken too.

I most definitely will keep everyone posted about her condition. I hope one day that what we are going through will help someone else with their chicken too.
Do you have any infant PolyVisol without iron or an all B vitamin? The baby vitamins can be given 3 drops a day, and a all B vitamin can be put into the water and dissolved, then you can put them on the proper vitamins when you get paid. They sell D3 capsules so you can treat with that also.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom