PLEASE HELP!!!!!I SAW A BUG!!!!!!!

mrsmartin2001

In the Brooder
12 Years
Aug 16, 2007
Virginia
Ok I was just holding my chick and I saw these teeny tiny bugs on it crawling through the feathers. They were smaller than a flee, kinda very light brown almost clear color and green. Please if anyone knows anything about bugs on chickens please let me know. If they are bad or not because I have children that like to pick them up and I wanna make sure we wont catch anything from the bugs or chicks.

Sevin dust may not be the best to use, if your children handle the chicks. My vet (who specializes in poultry) advised me that a flea product that is safe for kittens, is ok to use on chickens. I use a product called DE FLEA.(www.naturalchemistry.com). I am very sensitive to bug sprays and this one doesn't bother me, yet is very effective.
Don't worry about the bugs and your kids. As silkiechicken states, the lice will only go after chickens. Mites are carried by wild birds. They may get on your hand, when you handle an infected bird, but won't harm you. I just wash them off. And treat my birds.

Back
Top Bottom