1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

please help i think i have made a mistake

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by iwillnevereatchickenagain, Apr 18, 2009.

1. iwillnevereatchickenagain

iwillnevereatchickenagain New Egg

Apr 12, 2009
    hi there yesterday i visited a farm and picked up two 1 year old warrens, they were being kept in a smelly disgusting place and looked sorry for themselves, both have feathers missing on their bellies but this morning all my hen are leaking like a water from their bums! what could this be?

2. aidenbaby

aidenbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    Did you put them in with your current chooks right away?

I would give them electrolytes in their water as that seems to be one of those cure-all type things for stress and illness. As for what else to do, I don't know the answer but I do know that whoever will know will want to know if there are more symptoms that just clear runny poo.

3. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

You should never put new birds in with your established flock. You need to quarentine them at least a month in order to be sure that any diseases/illnesses they have do not cross over into your established flock.

How are your birds doing now?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by