Please help ID these roos....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bheila, Nov 30, 2008.

1. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    There is a lady giving these boys away on CL but she doesn't know what they are and neither do I, anyone?
    Now that I look a little closer this one looks like he has some puffs on his cheeks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Any help will be greatly appreciated [​IMG]

2. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Sorry I don't have a clue but wanted to comment the last Roo and Hen are just Gorgeous! [​IMG]

3. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    I know they're beautiful...It always baffles me that people don't know what kind of chickens they have. I have seen the lower breed before in a magazine I just can't find which magazine I saw them in.

4. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    they're brown sex links. the males have alot more white on them than the females. when they are chicks, the females are all brown and the males are white so its really easy to tell them apart.

5. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Quote:that's what I thought at first, but the male and female in the picture are almost identical in markings. So...either someone screwed up and used a white male over a red female, or the male would have to be XXY in order to have that coloring.

I see some "poofs" on the lower male also. Perhaps they have the same father??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by