Please help ID these.......

What!? I looked all over and made numerous posts about this! And someone finally tells me the answer to the biggest question from forever ago!
Argh. I feel dumb. Thanks for getting me this link!
tongue.png

How old are your chicks and can you tell what type of comb the top chick has? A dark cornish has a pea comb, a golden-laced wyandotte has a rose comb, and a barnevelder has a straight comb.

I have a couple barnevelders that have feathering like your chick, but didn't realize barnies come in bantam size (also, in the pic it doesn't look like your chick has a straight comb).

Quote:
No problem and you shouldn't feel bad. I guess the BYCers who were familiar with dark cornish chickens just didn't see your posts and questions. So how good a layer is your little dark cornish? Or did you decide not to keep her?

No, I kept her!
big_smile.png

Sometimes she lays only a few a week, but a few times she'll lay nonstop for a few weeks in a row. She layed 3 weeks in a row once. Right now, she's trying to set on fake eggs out in the yard since the first of the month! It's been 22 days so she'll be getting done soon, I hope!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom