Please help identify these two chicks

Campruby

Hatching
6 Years
Nov 9, 2013

I ordered the rare breed assortment from Ideal (whom I've always been very happy with) and received these two in the bunch. The white and black is a cochin, the other, I have no idea. They are both beautiful....just wondering if anyone recognizes them.

Were these extra birds in the batch?

The red one looks like mix. What kind of comb? (Hard to see in photo). I think that is a single comb?

If they were extras for warmth, they could be anything including just mutts.

My first guess with top photo was Gold Sexlink...but that is hardly a rare breed.

Middle photo looks more like mut mixture.

Otherwise, I would need more growth for a good guess.

Lady of McCamley

The white one looks Luke either a mutt or a splash of some kind. I have a splash and she is one of my sweetest chickens

Wow...I hope not mutts since I paid for rare breeds. I wont be happy about that if that is the case. I did not receive a list of what I received, just an assortment. All are cochin, except the little red and cream one and she is much smaller than the others. I had extra chicks included for warmth but all were roosters with neck shaved for identification. These two were part of my assortment order. I've kept chickens numerous times throughout my life but never cared much about breed or whatnot as long as they layed eggs, but I've become really interested. I'll have a look at the comb today and see. Thanks for the help.

The white with columbian pattern is not a Cochin, she is a Light Brahma.
The red and white could be a very poor quality white laced red Cornish. ( looks like a red sex link but they wouldn't be in a rare breed order)
I would need better pictures of the other birds, preferably of them standing by themselves, with the entire bird in the picture.

Back
Top Bottom