PLEASE HELP, injured hen’s eye

Chik_8

Chirping
Jan 1, 2022
I am on vacation and my chicken caretaker has showed me a picture of my favorite hens eye. It looks bad and it appears to have blood scabs from what I can see. Should I give it time it was only recently noticed? I really am stressed because I love this hen so much. Please give me some advice to tell my caregiver if you have experienced this before or know what we can do. Ironically I had another bad eye hen but that was a bug bite or sting. If anyone considers giving their time to help me out I will greatly appreciate it. I will insert a pic I just got of her eye.

Attachments

• 97907664-3AF5-41EF-885E-DCB70FA2AE47.jpeg
    97907664-3AF5-41EF-885E-DCB70FA2AE47.jpeg
    345 KB · Views: 5
I am on vacation and my chicken caretaker has showed me a picture of my favorite hens eye. It looks bad and it appears to have blood scabs from what I can see. Should I give it time it was only recently noticed? I really am stressed because I love this hen so much. Please give me some advice to tell my caregiver if you have experienced this before or know what we can do. Ironically I had another bad eye hen but that was a bug bite or sting. If anyone considers giving their time to help me out I will greatly appreciate it. I will insert a pic I just got of her eye.
The pic is kind of blurry. If that's blood (and not stick tight fleas or something else), your chicken sitter can maybe just rinse the eye well with saline or Vetericyn and maybe see if they can find eye ointment. It doesnt6look that bad in the pic, so hopefully it can be dealt with.

I'm impressed they noticed it. Not sure anyone I've ever had mind my flock when I was away would ever have seen that.

The pic is kind of blurry. If that's blood (and not stick tight fleas or something else), your chicken sitter can maybe just rinse the eye well with saline or Vetericyn and maybe see if they can find eye ointment. It doesnt6look that bad in the pic, so hopefully it can be dealt with.

I'm impressed they noticed it. Not sure anyone I've ever had mind my flock when I was away would ever have seen that.
Thank you so much for your thoughts. I did tell my chicken sitter to put plain neosporin that I had before I made the post. I will tell him also to try the saline rinse as well and top it with the ointment. Hopefully things go well glad that it does not seem too bad. Sometimes I am dramatic because of all of the problems I had this year from predators, injurys, etc.

Thank you so much for your thoughts. I did tell my chicken sitter to put plain neosporin that I had before I made the post. I will tell him also to try the saline rinse as well and top it with the ointment. Hopefully things go well glad that it does not seem too bad. Sometimes I am dramatic because of all of the problems I had this year from predators, injurys, etc.
I feel you! I have had the WORST summer with my flock. As a matter of fact, I am waiting at the vet right now with my duck who has internal laying.

Back
Top Bottom