Please help! Is this male or female?

mummyjayne

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 23, 2013
Hi, I would be very grateful if anyone can tell me if this is a male of female cream legbar. I desperately need to know as I am not allowed to keep males. She is about 8 weeks old. Thanks.

I am a newbie, but just based on some of what I have read in this group, it looks like a Roo to me. Completely a guess, but if it were my chick, I would be thinking it was a male.

I don't know breed specifics, so maybe someone more knowledgable can help out, but it looks like the comb & waddle are red & pronounced.

Can you post a better front shot maybe?

Hi, thank you for your reply I am so worried about this. The pics are not so good sorry.

NP. Sorry to say, but the 2nd pic makes it look even more male to me.

I'm so sorry. I know how disappointing that is.
We can technically have Roos, but I have one sour neighbor so we
will probably not be able to keep our Roo chicks if we want to keep
the peace. I'm watching a few of mine closely too :-(

I will cross my fingers you will get a different answer from someone more experienced with that breed!
fl.gif

Last edited:
Hi, yes I am very disappointed but deep down I think I knew it was a male. So frustrating that seller made out he had females. I wish you all the luck with your chicks and thank you very much for replying.

A side profile so we can see the saddle as well would help. Also, if you could include pics of siblings for comparison, I might be able to help. Hard to say from a pic though.

Well, from the curvature of the saddle and tail feathers, comb and waddle. I would wait til he crows and have chicken for dinner.

Thank you, I can not bring myself to dispatch him, as he has been our pet. I have messaged the seller to see if he will take him back. Other than that I will have to try and find a new home for him. Thank you very much for all your help, I really appreciate it!!!!!!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom