Please help Maine Mom identify chickie babies #6

twillis33

In the Brooder
Apr 28, 2015
Maine
Hi! I have this precious little yellow fluff ball with feathered legs (1-2 weeks old). There is a blackened dot behind the right eye and a feather in one wing that is partially black. Sweet as can be. Can you identify? Thank you

Giving me kisses!

Last edited:
Does it seem to be a bantam or large fowl? It might be a Leghorn hybrid, White Leghorn, White Rock, or White Old English Game.

x3 Also where did you get her?

I got 8 different chicks from an ol' farmer down the road. He had all tbe eggs hatching together. His amazing beautiful birds were freely running around. So in conclusion, I have no idea of the "breeds" or cross X cross breeds. The feathered legs throw me off.

UPDATE: The sweet farmer told me that this chicken has cochin and Ameracauna. Note the changed leg color. Does that make her/him an Easter Egger?

UPDATE: The sweet farmer told me that this chicken has cochin and Ameracauna. Note the changed leg color. Does that make her/him an Easter Egger?

What color are the legs? I'm colorblind so I can't actually distinguish the color in the photo. If they are green then it is probably easter egger.

When he says Ameraucana, he probably means EE. It's a common mistake.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom