please help me and my cat! we dont know what it is *pics*

Care Credit is a no interest credit card that you can use for many medical bills including veterinary, dentist, doctors, etc. I use mine all the time and take months to pay it off. You can use that to pay the vet and get your cat the help it needs.

Another thought - Is your cat regularly treated with flea and tick meds? If it is an indoor/outdoor cat, it is something you should consider starting. We used a combo of advantage, frontline, and revolution at the rescue. Revolution was one of my favorites, but I don't believe it treated ticks so you have to use the others in between. They should receive this monthly. It is very possible this issue is parasite related!

we got him some medicine and it hasnt been long enough to know how much its helping but I think it is helping some
smile.png

Sorry if this has been asked, but I havn't read through all the posts. But, have you seen the vet? Its kind of hard to really see it good in that picture.

It looks like a longer version of what my sisters cat has had. Every now and then he'll get a small round wound on his neck. My guess is that he made my cat angry, she decided to dominate him, and he refused and pulled away hard enough to have a chunk of skin taken off. He has really short hair and couldn't scratch the wound very well, and so it always heals fairly quickly. Your cat has much longer hair than Bat, and my guess is it tickles the wound and your cat scratches/cleans it which of course only makes it worse and causes more pain/ichyness. When my wounds are healing many times they are ichy, which could also cause more scratching and the wound to get worse if the same is happening to the cat.
I don't know any ways to stop the cat from scratching the wound, but I would suggest you keep him away from the other cats to prevent any other fighting/licking from them. Also I would clip the fur short around the wound. Make sure he doesn't get a fever from it and keep an eye out for other wounds from any fighting! My cat had gotten into a fight with a tom cat and had a wound like that, her foot was also swollen and she got a fever. The wound did not heal and got a little worse before we took her to the vet and got her on antibiotics.

Good luck and I hope he gets better soon.
hugs.gif

Saline, is not table salt. Saline does not kill good skin, Saline, is a cleaning agent used by Vets, and Human Medical Staff, like me.

We are not Vets and cannot diagnose.

You asked food allergy, if that is the case more of his body would be affected.

How the at acquired the wound is not of importance, (unless he is not up to date on Rabies shots)mandatory in most states for Cats, since they are one of the
main sources of carrying and spreading Rabies), that being, said, identifying is also not important. What is important is treating the wound.

Cat needs to see a VET.

I was told by my vet, when my cat had a pretty big fight wound to make a saline solution with 1 teaspoon of rock salt to about 750mls of Boiling water, to let it cool then store it in a air tight Jar or use it some straight away.

Quote:
Yes, that sounds about right. Normal saline solution is 9 grams of NaCl to about 1000 mL of water. It is a form of very, very diluted salt water. However, just mixing salt and water together without any sort of measurement (Like the OP was doing) is not a good replacement for saline solution. It is also always better to use sterile solution on any open wound. I always suggest just buying some solution at walmart or pharmacy type store because it really is quite cheap, but the above method works ok in a pinch, too.

Quote:
Yes, that sounds about right. Normal saline solution is 9 grams of NaCl to about 1000 mL of water. It is a form of very, very diluted salt water. However, just mixing salt and water together without any sort of measurement (Like the OP was doing) is not a good replacement for saline solution. It is also always better to use sterile solution on any open wound. I always suggest just buying some solution at walmart or pharmacy type store because it really is quite cheap, but the above method works ok in a pinch, too.

Normal table salt has silica in it too= gritty

Quote:
thats what I think happened our other cats probably fought with him but we got him medicine and he is doing better!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom