1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PLEASE HELP ME! Face being eaten? Beaks gone???? Help! GRAPHIC PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Smokin Silkies, Jun 16, 2011.

1. HLAC

HLAC Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    Central Utah
    I think you have a really nasty rat on your hands.

So sorry you're going through this. Those photos were truly horrifying. [​IMG]

2. Rocky Top Chick

Rocky Top Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    North Carolina
    Quote:Exactly my thoughts !

3. Mark & Nique

Mark & Nique Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    Raccoon(s) reaching through the chicken wire makes sense. Have you thought of changing to galvanized steel mesh?

4. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    All I can say is how horrible and I am so sorry. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. kesali

kesali Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    far northern Wisconsin
    Weasel!!

6. quetsweyo

quetsweyo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Please dont get me wrong, but just the title of your post brought back horrible memories. I cant imagine what your goimg through multiple victims. Im so sorry. I could be wrong of course - Dog knows ive been wrong before. Not looking at any pix. Is there anything a possum could hang by its tail from! A young possum wouldnt leave much by way of claw marks, just as lethal. If you are in central indiana id come shoot it for you. Skin it and tan the hide too. Thats one of my hobbies. And it would be my pleasure. Quetsweyo

7. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    those poor birds [​IMG] STUPID POSSUM! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  8. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    wow i have never seen that in my chicken years either Worms no way i wanna say RATS they can get through and chew like that Oh poor you and your poor babies So very sorry put out rat traps maybe just maybe you will catch one

9. Smokin Silkies

Smokin Silkies formerly browneyebuttafly

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    No theres not anything to hang from. Its raining here now & my dang staple gun broke [​IMG] I'm goin to have to do something else for tonight til I can get another staple gun. Maybe put wood up? Im so sad & frustrated!

10. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Just peaking at half a picture is telling me that I'm going to be emotionally scarred for life. I am SO sorry that you had to actually see that-even sorrier that one of them was still alive. That is so frightening...This is what nightmares are made of.

I hope you find out what it is and make sure that the attacker is good and DEAD. Those poor dears...

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by