PLEASE HELP ME FIND OUT WHAT THIS IS

we check on him a lot so the blankets couldn't of got caught around him and its about 65 degrees he hasn't been outside since it started snowing.

Strange. It could be an extremely severe bumblefoot (staph) infection. If so, you need to remove the kernel and squeeze out any pus. Then you can wrap the feet and amputate the toes if they are truly dead. When you touch the toes, does the chicken show pain? Try flexing them. Are they stiff and hard? I doubt those toes are going to grow any healthy tissue. Could you talk to a vet? Even over email, pictures may be able to diagnose your problems.

Regards,
Leaf

Probably not. Can chickens get leprosy?
1f601.png

I do not believe that they can. I searched it, and all I'm finding is information on armadillos contracting it. But I'm not sure.

Regards,
Leaf

its not bumblefoot there is nothing hard there. for the first toe. the one that looks like its coming off he seems like that hurts him. but he can move the other three toes and no I cant talk to a vet they all say that I need to bring him in and I cant the closest one is 4 hours away. and I cant get anyone to help me. your the first person that has tried to help me. please help me figure out what this is. I could show you a video like facetime on facebook or something if that would help you any

its not bumblefoot there is nothing hard there. for the first toe. the one that looks like its coming off he seems like that hurts him. but he can move the other three toes and no I cant talk to a vet they all say that I need to bring him in and I cant the closest one is 4 hours away. and I cant get anyone to help me. your the first person that has tried to help me. please help me figure out what this is. I could show you a video like facetime on facebook or something if that would help you any

I feel for you. No vets will really see birds around here either. I am trying, I really hope I can help you out. Maybe shoot off a pm to @casportpony, she is very knowledgable in chicken ailments. I am anything but an expert, but I'll try. What are you feeding him? When did this first show up? Can you post a picture of his setup? Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)

Regards,
Leaf

Well I posted that because it said wet blankets can cause it. Maybe he spilled his water and no one noticed?

im feeding him scratch, bread, cherios, water, and feed. it first showedup as a big bubble like his whole foot was a bubble it was that swelled. it drainedfr awhile the it ended uplike the way it is now. he can move his feet like grip things but he cant walk

Back
Top Bottom