1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PLEASE HELP ME FIND OUT WHAT THIS IS

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cool chick, Feb 16, 2016.

1. LeafBlade12345

LeafBlade12345 Chillin' With My Peeps

I must've missed that, sorry! That does make sense... Does the roo have use of the rest of his legs?

Regards,
    Leaf

2. LeafBlade12345

That sounds like bumblefoot. Sometimes the kernel is too deep to be felt easily. And just for future, bread isn't too nutritional, fine as a treat, but fills them up with empty calories. ;)

Regards,
    Leaf

3. cool chick

cool chick Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2016
    what can I do should I put him back in the straw with his foot being like this? does the toe look like itscomint off the first one that's swelled up at the base

4. LeafBlade12345

Hmm... I would set him up on either shavings or a soft, dry blanket. Make sure he can easily access food and water. You may want to make a sling for him.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/713499/my-chicken-sling-pic

Regards,
    Leaf

5. cool chick

cool chick Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2016
    what do I do about his toe? an he cant use his legs at all just his wings

6. LeafBlade12345

I would let it be. If it falls off, it falls off. I wouldn't try to amputate it at home, unless it is obviously becoming a problem for them. Is the chicken vaccinated for Marek's?

Regards,
    Leaf

7. huntingirl

huntingirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2016
  8. LeafBlade12345

You don't sound stupid at all! You are trying to help, and doing well. Just putting in the effort shows that you obviously care very much. You are most definitely appreciated! :hugs

Regards,
    Leaf

9. huntingirl

huntingirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2016
    Thank you!!!
    You know, you seem like a really nice person, Leafblade12345

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by