please help me i.d. these cochins

vtgirls

Songster
9 Years
May 20, 2010
Vermont
i am really hoping that you all can help. these are my two 9 week old cochins and a few folks have told me they look like roosters not hens!
they are so very sweet but i have only 9 birds, two others (a wyandotte and a rhode island which are CLEARLY roosters at 11 weeks -
so i am really hoping they are both girls!

this is "miss marge" - a blue splash (?)
58107_more_chickies_-_late_july_029.jpg

this is "tish" - named after morticia adams - a black splash (?)
58107_more_chickies_-_late_july_028.jpg

why so sure with tish (#2) ?
she (or he) is the best of my whole bunch but my kids like my other roos more - uh oh...

I would have to say at nine weeks those look like roosters. Sorry I have gotten more than my share of roos this year as well.
sad.png
I am definitely not an expert yet but they have really large red combs and wattles just scream roo to me, but not a cochin expert either.

I'm no cochin expert, but those are awfully big & red combs and wattles for 9 weeks old. The second one looks like it has saddle feathers too. Sorry, I think they are males. Sure are pretty though!!

Melissa

Yep Both roo's sorry.The comb's are way high and the wattle's are lower and droopy already and bright red.They are handsome though.I alway's liked mixing my cochin color's a lot and they are great for pairing up with frizzle hen's.They would make some nice color combination's for some hen's.The one look's to be a blue/black mix and the black one look's like a mix of black and silver laced.They are dapper looking roo's!

Back
Top Bottom