PLEASE HELP ME I'M DESPERATE!! :-( Duckling with a slipped tendon

We have two special needs ducklings, one only stands on one foot and another does not use his feet at all. We are definitely hoping to have to make a wheelchair for the one while the other sites pretty good making due by hobbling or hoping on one foot. I keep an eye out for any problems with his good foot. Any other ideas or comments?

I Also have a duckling who has a slipped tendon, one of his legs is just tucked up and a little twisted, the vet could not twist it back so gave me anti inflammatory and pain killer and i was told lots of swimming, as it might just pop back. I don't want to try to do as I don't want to hurt my little baby. I also have a kharki cambel who i took in as a companion, (the disabled duck was one i hatched my self a rescue malard. I hatched a lone egg last year, that was my duck crispy, but he flew away when he was old enough. We live on a huge house boat so when he got to see all the other ducks he was off. !! anyway I now have a new addition called Aro (matic) and the kharki cambel, is two weeks older this is Pan (cake),
And when i took Aro out the incubator i realized his little leg was bend sort of up and outwards, i thought it was fused at the knee, but then i done some research and then to a vet and found it was a slipped tendon, other than that he is now 2 weeks old and managing fine. he hops about faster than the Pan lol :) , he used his knee to pruen his little belly. and I keep an eye on him ( they cone in the boat at night and play and sleep by me in a big fluffy bed, and they are both now inseparable, and best buddies, I would not change this little on for the world, and what ever he/she needs, they will get it. if you do start up a disabled duck thread, please give me an invite I would love to update and see how al the other little ones get on.
babys.jpg

Back
Top Bottom