Please help me, i'm having an eggsistential crisis!

Pics
I'm relatively new to backyard chickens so I don't know a lot about the website

I have checked craigslist and they only have people who are 35 miles away.
When I decided I wanted to raise quail, the closest I could find was closer to 60-70 miles away through some really nasty traffic. I forget where I ordered my first eggs from, but I managed to hatch 14 out of 25 eggs. I've learned a lot since then, and have received many shipments of eggs that I have gotten decent hatch rates from.

I'm going to echo a previous poster and recommend Myshire Farms. Look them up on youtube. Zack has some really great videos. If you order through ebay, you can often find Myshire offering free shipping.

I usually have to drive an hour each way to get birds, I have found some closer but they haven't been what I was looking for. My situation is different then yours but they unfortunately aren't always super close is all I wanted to say.

Hmm, if you haven't had any luck finding people offering quail eggs, have you tried posing a want ad yourself? I often forget to do this. Maybe someone not listing their eggs will see your plea and come to the rescue!

I feel your pain, no one has any adult quail for sale where I live, and when I do manage to find somebody selling, they don't respond!

Back
Top Bottom