Please help me, i'm having an eggsistential crisis!

Pics
Check a local FB group that does chickens. I joined a group for lower Alabama and found a treasure house full of chickens to choose from.

That fast dolphin noise, if it's the one I'm thinking of, means they found special food but they don't usually do it as chicks.
There is another 'fast dolphin noise' they can make, and if it does it with its mouth wide open, that means it's very angry or scared, and is trying to be threatening.

Since you only have one, you need to be with it all the time! It's a baby, and babies of this species do not hatch and walk away like a reptile, they stay with their parents until adulthood, and there is a great deal of cuddling. If you put a human toddler alone in a room and walk away, occasionally dropping in food, it's going to have emotional and behavioral problems. Since you have no other companion for this little animal that you brought into the world, it's your responsibility to be its family until it has more chicks to keep it company.

20% hatch rate for me out of 5 eggs. WELL THAT SUCKS!! The deaths of 2 eggs were my fault. I am a beginner then again.

Back
Top Bottom