please help me sleep tonight

ebonykawai

Songster
12 Years
Dec 27, 2007
Wheatfield, NY near NiagFalls
OK, I set these eggs on Thurs. the 6th at 6:30am. There are 7 eggs and all have pips. The first one to pip was this morning around 9am. It has its beak out of the hole, and is peeping and moving, but nothing else. There's a crack about 3/4" attached to that hole. Will it figure out that it has to zip and not just sit there? Could it be stuck in that position?

My humidity for the whole incubation was around 45-50%. When I moved them to the hatching bator, the humidity has been a steady 70-71%. Temp the whole time has been 100.

I know they take time to hatch, but I just need some encouragement that I may actually wake up to chicks instead of these blasted eggs in the same durn position all the time. I can't think of anything that really went wrong, and there's no reason I know of that they wouldn't hatch out perfectly fine, but this waiting and non-progress is getting to me and I'd love a little encouragement right about now.

Please, somebody say something to help me sleep through the night.
old.gif

I've gone to bed many a night with just a pip during the day and come morning a chirping chick looking up at me..He is just tired, thats lots of work getting out of a shell he has been in for 21 days!!...He is breathing and resting......They should do just fine...go to bed and get some rest!....

ebonykawai

I got my first baby ( alittle black silkie ) @ 6:45 tonight it had been piped since i got up at 7:30 this morning i have 4 more pipped and waiting SO YESSSSSSS it will happen hehhhehheh i will br drinking lots of coffee tonight LOL

well im sendin hatching vibes your way. hope that when you wak eup you have tons of little curiouse faces looking up at you! keep us updated, but you definately need to get some rest.

Get some much needed rest...things will hopefully feel fresher in the morning. A friend of mine that hatched her eggs a year ago said that her first one pipped at the tail end of the 22nd day, and all the rest hatched on the 23rd day. She hatched 14/18 eggs! That helped me realize too.. No amount of worry or fretting on our part will help hatch these eggs! They will hatch when they hatch....sleep sweet! (As I always tell my little ones) Kim

Just go to bed, and let the chickie do it in his own time. I had one take 19 hours from pip to zip, and I was a wreck. Won't do that again! Just set it and forget it... the peeping will let you know when they're here.
smile.png

Congratulations, Momma!
love.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom