Please help me to identify what breed these chickens are

Billy Mahone

Songster
Oct 15, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Hi All,

I'm fairly new to chickens and so would appreciate if you can name the breed of the below chickens for me please.
Thanks
ch6.jpg
ch6.jpg
ch1.jpg
ch2.jpg
ch4.jpg
ch5.jpg

1st and 2nd picture- Blue Cochin or Cochin cross. The black and white bird behind her is an Ancona

3rd picture- mixed breed hen

4th picture- wheaten Ameraucana cockerel. Or possibly Easter egger cockerel.

5th picture- mixed breed rooster. He looks a lot like a Delaware, so maybe a mix of that breed. His white legs and earlobes, plus the gray color in his tail feathers mean he's not purebred.

6th picture- Lavender Ameraucana rooster.

1st and 2nd picture- Blue Cochin or Cochin cross. The black and white bird behind her is an Ancona

5th picture- mixed breed rooster. He looks a lot like a Delaware, so maybe a mix of that breed. His white legs and earlobes, plus the gray color in his tail feathers mean he's not purebred.

Agreed,

The first one looks a lot like my blue black copper Maran, and the two with fluffy wide necks are ameracaunas. Not sure about the others

Agreed as well but the mix with number 3 I’m fairly confident in saying that it looks like it has barnevelder in it because of the lacing, comb type, leg colour, and its head is a dark brown. I think it’s mixed with a light breed with a cream colour but I’m not entirely sure what... :)

Thanks alot guys, much appreciated.
Its quiet amazing to me, how easily you guys can identify these chickens :)
I'm dealing with alot of experts here :)

Last edited:
1- blue cochin
2- silver laced(?) cochin mix
3- wheaten ameraucana or Easter egger
4- Delaware mix
5- not an ameraucana. He has a crest, so he’s a tailed araucana.

Back
Top Bottom