Please help me with my duckling that is having trouble walking.

It's good stuff but you really need the Durvet liquid B complex, why didn't you get it?
What’s the difference aren’t they all vitamins? And I have a question. My duck that has the walking problem often shakes her head like their is a fly on it, should I be worried about that? He eats and drinks but when she was a baby had green poop but now just has watery brown poop sometimes. She also sounds like she has asthma but it can’t be a RI because she has no runny nose or sneezing, coughing. I really don’t want to lose her because she is my favorite, but I just don’t know what is wrong. I am one of those worry warts that take everything I don’t like out of proportion, am I just over reacting or is something seriously wrong? Are these signs of Reimerella Anitipestifer Infection?

Last edited:
What’s the difference aren’t they all vitamins? And I have a question. My duck that has the walking problem often shakes her head like their is a fly on it, should I be worried about that? He eats and drinks but when she was a baby had green poop but now just has watery brown poop sometimes. She also sounds like she has asthma but it can’t be a RI because she has no runny nose or sneezing, coughing. I really don’t want to lose her because she is my favorite, but I just don’t know what is wrong. I am one of those worry warts that take everything I don’t like out of proportion, am I just over reacting or is something seriously wrong?
Did you read the link about niacin deficiency? Nutri drench isn’t going to help with that issue. Having trouble walking is usually a symptom of a niacin deficiency.
i know it’s a symptom of a niacin deficiency but it shouldn’t come in episodes and she is constantly shaking her head for no reason. I thought a vitamin liquid was a vitamin liquid and will get her the right stuff this week and save the other stuff for my chickens and ducks. I know I seem dumb but I am just tired this week and allergies or on a 10 scale.

I’m sorry if I came across as making you feel dumb that wasn’t my intention. But symptoms of niacin deficiency don’t always show themselves all at once that is why many don’t see it till the duckling is pretty lame walking on its ankles etc so catching it early is very important. And it’s not that expensive a try to correct if it is a deficiency. As for the head shaking can you get a video here you’ll have to put it on Vimeo or you tube then copy and paste it here. I use Nutri drench for my birds it just won’t treat a niacin deficiency. Sorry about those allergies they can throw ya for a loop.

Sorry about your Duck. Does it have a larger crest? Do you also have a Drake?
Sounds more neurological if she is only having single episodes and then okay again. Niacin will not cure neurological problems.
Swelling of the brain can be a cause for the head shaking or twitching.
Try calling an avian vet and see if they can give you advice over the phone?

Back
Top Bottom