PLEASE HELP ME!

Morning to all my friends here...
I dont know what to do or if this can happen..
Since we have spoken last some of my chickens also went broody..but something strange is going on with my geese i have 3 1 male and 2 female right. My 1 female went broody about a week ago and have been lying since then only coming of her nest once a day just to have a quick meal. But since yesterday afternoon my other female geese has also become broody wanting to lie on the same eggs as my other one now what is happening both of them is lying on the same eggs at exactly the same time, they arnt fighting or nothing but this cant be right can it...what must i do please help.

Morning to all my friends here...
I dont know what to do or if this can happen..
Since we have spoken last some of my chickens also went broody..but something strange is going on with my geese i have 3 1 male and 2 female right. My 1 female went broody about a week ago and have been lying since then only coming of her nest once a day just to have a quick meal. But since yesterday afternoon my other female geese has also become broody wanting to lie on the same eggs as my other one now what is happening both of them is lying on the same eggs at exactly the same time, they arnt fighting or nothing but this cant be right can it...what must i do please help.
Just leave the female geese alone they can share a nest and goslings. You'll just have to make sure when hatch begins that no lil ones get trampled so when time comes and gosling begin to hatch you may want to place the ones hatching into a make shift brooder till all hatch then give them back to the mamas that way none get stepped on. That is the only problem I see with having 2 females sitting on one nest. How many eggs are there under them. Maybe @jchny2000 has had experience with 2 females sharing a nest I've only had chickens do it.

Quote: I haven't seen it here. Their enclosure is an 8x10 shed, with a lot of hay bedding. I think if you keep plenty of room around them, soft bedding they will be fine. I do have wood "bumpers" around the inside edge of my goose coop, a baby can go under them if it feels afraid. Learned that trick from watching how hogs are raised, and seeing how tiny piglets are at birth. Keeping them undisturbed especially at hatch is important too, a startled mother goose will react quickly. I can see that causing a trampling situation. I always talk to my geese before going into the house if I know they are broody, so I don't startle them. The Embden startle a lot easier than Chinese, just the breed.

Back
Top Bottom