PLEASE HELP ME!

Why don't you put some of the chicken eggs in the goose nest. She may then be satisfied she has a large enough brood. She'll hatch both kinds if she starts setting.
Not sure a chicken egg will stand up to a goose sitting on them our being moved around next to goose eggs. 11 eggs sounds like she maybe getting close so just try and wait it out, some aren't happy till they have upwards to 20 so be sure to mark all the eggs so you can remove the oldest when she does begin to sit. Once she is in full broody mode you can begin to whittle down her clutch to a more reasonable amount by taking out the oldest dirtiest eggs.That is unless you want 15 to 20 goslings.

Tank you guys. I have Put in chicken eggs, but will remove it again lol.

Just a quick question again, for the last 2 nights my geese has been on her eggs the hole night but she gets off in the morning. Does this mean she is getting close to being broody or is this not right??
I was with her now and she is lying on all the eggs as well as the chicken eggs?? Must i leave it or remove it???

Regards

Tank you guys. I have Put in chicken eggs, but will remove it again lol.

Just a quick question again, for the last 2 nights my geese has been on her eggs the hole night but she gets off in the morning. Does this mean she is getting close to being broody or is this not right??
I was with her now and she is lying on all the eggs as well as the chicken eggs?? Must i leave it or remove it???

Regards
I wouldn't leave the chicken eggs under her if they break which is likely since the shell on chickens eggs aren't tough like geese and ducks eggs you'll run the risk of bacteria getting into your gooses eggs.My water fowl ducks and geese start out laying on them at night, soon the broody hormones kick in and you'll have a full time broody. Your call on the chickens eggs.

Last edited:
Not sure a chicken egg will stand up to a goose sitting on them our being moved around next to goose eggs. 11 eggs sounds like she maybe getting close so just try and wait it out, some aren't happy till they have upwards to 20 so be sure to mark all the eggs so you can remove the oldest when she does begin to sit. Once she is in full broody mode you can begin to whittle down her clutch to a more reasonable amount by taking out the oldest dirtiest eggs.That is unless you want 15 to 20 goslings.
Quote:
I wouldn't leave the chicken eggs under her if they break which is likely since the shell on chickens eggs aren't tough like geese and ducks eggs you'll run the risk of bacteria getting into your gooses eggs.My water fowl ducks and geese start out laying on them at night, soon the broody hormones kick in and you'll have a full time broody. Your call on the chickens eggs.
You could be right, goose eggs are pretty hard.
A friend's turkey hen hatched chicken eggs for me a couple times. Those are tough eggs too.

Good morning to all, When i got to the gees this morning she was still lying on her eggs since about 6 last night. About 6:30 this morning she has came off the eggs. I have removed the chicken eggs and as predicted one off the chicken eggs was broken luckily not bad so i could remove everything without harm.. do u guys think my gees is broody now?

Thank you my friends for all the assistance so far.

Rudi

Back
Top Bottom