PLEASE HELP! Muscovy duckling with a lump in its neck!

I dont think it was the cold because it was mainly their necks that were at odd angles and they couldnt stand properly on their feet. Plus, they had fresh straw when they got back in their run. I will be adding new drakes and keeping some girls maybe as i want to keep a chocolate but a friend wants one so im not sure if we'll both be able to have one depending on numbers but it wouldnt matter too much if i brought a new chocolte one. Thankyou. It wasnt a nice surprise to come home to

My goose also has a large lump, in it's neck to the side. Its been like this for about 2 months.. He seems to be healthy and eat okay. But I just haven't figured out thru the internet what could be wrong so I am going to take this animal to the avian medical center. I've have this goose for 12 years and is more like a pet at this point. I will report what the vet says about lumps.

My goose also has a large lump, in it's neck to the side. Its been like this for about 2 months.. He seems to be healthy and eat okay. But I just haven't figured out thru the internet what could be wrong so I am going to take this animal to the avian medical center. I've have this goose for 12 years and is more like a pet at this point. I will report what the vet says about lumps.

Welcome to BYC! I have no idea what could cause that. Please do let us know what the vet thinks it is.

-Kathy

My duck had the lump too! It might’ve just been water. I noticed it after she took her first swim. I felt it and it was sort of squishy. It went away the next day though! Leave it alone and monitor the lump and her behavior for the next few days. If anything changes or worsens take her to the vet.

It looks like mom or dad bit him.
Well, when my ducklings were playing and got in a drakes way today he gave them all a swift nip to the neck. It turned blue and red and swelled immediately. In that same spot.
I saw it happen.

Back
Top Bottom