PLEASE HELP! My duck is twitching and walking drunk!

redhen

Kiss My Grits...
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Western MA
Its my baby Chewy! We found him kinf of shaking/twitching in the yard..and when he got up tp walk i thought he had a broken leg because he was unsteady and dragging himself along. I brought him in side and hes now walking fine and not twitching. What happend? Did he have a seizure? he's a crested Magpie. OR i remember reading about a disease where they walk drunk like...please, help!
hit.gif
I also just added Oxytetracycline-343 to his water..i dont know why..but maybe it will help if its a disease?
he.gif

I had a few ducklings do that..... after they drank there water to fast. Maybe he got really thristy and drank to fast
idunno.gif
Not sure what else it could be.

Quote:
Thanks Barnyard..it wasnt it that though, because he wasnt around any food. he was just in the middle of the yard. it was very weird and scary! he's eating now..i just dont know! He was like staggering..and shaking. His poops are pretty clear and watery though...i wonder if the other drakes didnt let him eat..or something, and he got weak? but that cant be it..yesterday i gave them all a bunch of lettuce and kale and i saw him eat. Moldy food? going to check that right now..ooh, i hope thats not it..

Quote:
Thanks Barnyard..it wasnt it that though, because he wasnt around any food. he was just in the middle of the yard. it was very weird and scary! he's eating now..i just dont know! He was like staggering..and shaking. His poops are pretty clear and watery though...i wonder if the other drakes didnt let him eat..or something, and he got weak? but that cant be it..yesterday i gave them all a bunch of lettuce and kale and i saw him eat. Moldy food? going to check that right now..ooh, i hope thats not it..

I sure hope you find out what it is
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom