This one is scratch and the other one is pellets, sorry for not making it clear.
Its ok! I do feed some scratch, but it should be a treat, not part of the main diet.
She looks like an isa brown, and they can get a lot of reproductive problems. I think the droopy wings could just be because she isn't feeling well, so a vet might be the best bet, to find out whats wrong.
I'm so sorry that she's not feeling well.

I'm not very experienced, but I would give her some calcium, you can buy tablets in supermarkets. Just pop one down her beak, it may not help, but I can't see it hurting.
I’ll have a look into that, thanks. I’ve never given a chicken a tablet like that before, I do think she is low in calcium. I let her out and currently she’s found her way to an outdoor chair and is nesting in that.

Attachments

• B5C66B80-07B6-4F49-A811-7F68C2D07C0A.jpeg
    B5C66B80-07B6-4F49-A811-7F68C2D07C0A.jpeg
    621 KB · Views: 4
I’ll have a look into that, thanks. I’ve never given a chicken a tablet like that before, I do think she is low in calcium. I let her out and currently she’s found her way to an outdoor chair and is nesting in that.
Its very easy to do, you can open the beak by pulling in the wattles, and she will swallow a whole tablet easily.

Its ok! I do feed some scratch, but it should be a treat, not part of the main diet.
She looks like an isa brown, and they can get a lot of reproductive problems. I think the droopy wings could just be because she isn't feeling well, so a vet might be the best bet, to find out whats wrong.
I'm so sorry that she's not feeling well.
Thanks for your kind words, I am starting to think it may not have been an injury after all but a reproductive issue, after reading some of the replies. I might be taking her to the local bird vet this afternoon. The good thing is she seems a little better.

Thanks for your kind words, I am starting to think it may not have been an injury after all but a reproductive issue, after reading some of the replies. I might be taking her to the local bird vet this afternoon. The good thing is she seems a little better.
I'm glad she's doing a little better.
You could check her abdomen, and make sure that its not bloated, which would be water belly, and would need draining.

I'm glad she's doing a little better.
You could check her abdomen, and make sure that its not bloated, which would be water belly, and would need draining.
Hello oh my goodness I touched her belly and yes it does feel very watery, I know this may be irrelevant but she has this obsession with water whenever I’m changing it she just drinks and drinks and follows any water trail on the floor. How would I go about draining her correctly, and wat causes this? Thanks.

Hello oh my goodness I touched her belly and yes it does feel very watery, I know this may be irrelevant but she has this obsession with water whenever I’m changing it she just drinks and drinks and follows any water trail on the floor. How would I go about draining her correctly, and wat causes this? Thanks.
Just make sure that you're not feeling the crop, as that would feel full if she had been drinking a lot. For draining it, I have never done it, I think a vet could, or if you search on yt you can probably find a video in it. Basically one sticks a needle in, to pull out the fluid.
The cause would be something reproductive, I'm not quite sure what. Draining it doesn't cure it, but relives it.

Back
Top Bottom