Just make sure that you're not feeling the crop, as that would feel full if she had been drinking a lot. For draining it, I have never done it, I think a vet could, or if you search on yt you can probably find a video in it. Basically one sticks a needle in, to pull out the fluid.
The cause would be something reproductive, I'm not quite sure what. Draining it doesn't cure it, but relives it.
Alright I will be taking her to the vet, but something definitely doesn’t feel right around chest area I won’t be draining her myself because I won’t want to make things worse. Thanks for all the help, much appreciated.

Alright I will be taking her to the vet, but something definitely doesn’t feel right around chest area I won’t be draining her myself because I won’t want to make things worse. Thanks for all the help, much appreciated.
Let me know what the vet say, I do hope its positive!

You could check her abdomen, and make sure that its not bloated, which would be water belly, and would need draining.
I touched her belly and yes it does feel very watery, I know this may be irrelevant but she has this obsession with water whenever I’m changing it she just drinks and drinks and follows any water trail on the floor. How would I go about draining her correctly, and wat causes this?
Regarding the three bits I quoted:

Water Belly (ascites) would be at the part of her abdomen that sticks out behind her legs. Sometimes that area gets full of fluid, which is quite a problem. It is caused by fluid leaking out from some part of her that is not supposed to leak. Too much fluid in the abdomen can compress a chicken's lungs, and then she cannot breathe right.
Draining would be done by someone (preferably a vet) sticking in a needle (like the kind used to get shots), and taking the fluid out that way.

But if she is drinking a lot of water, her crop (front, base of neck) will feel watery and that is not something that needs draining or treating. Her crop will feel normal again after she goes back to normal eating & drinking. Because the crop sticks out on the front, it is able to get full or empty or watery without squishing any other organs.

Since you say something feels odd around her chest area, I think you are feeling the crop. Do not try to drain that.

Back
Top Bottom