Please Help! My Rooster Is Tilting His Head To 1 Side! HELP!

I just got home from taking Oreo to the Exotics vet clinic. The lady said that it could be many things. She did think it could be an ear infection. She said it wasn't wry/crooked neck. She gave me baytril. Oreo doesn't like the bitter taste of the medicine. I think he should be okay. She said if he is not improving by Monday to bring him in. He is with his girls. He was super good at the vet! He was so upset when she gave him the baytril. His comb turned purple, and I think he was thinking " This stuff is yucky! " He didn't like it! But who would? Oreo is a VERY sweet rooster. He didn't even squirm when she was giving him an exam. Thanks for your help, if you have any more advice it would be most appreciated. Thanks again!

I had the same problem with my silkie hen with her tilting her head. It turned out to be a mineral deficiency. I got her some stuff ( can't remember the name of it) from tractor supply and within a week she was practically normal looking again.

I think you should give him some probiotic or vitamin C or something like that. I don't know of any other thing to do, and if he gets worse/does not improve, I recommend taking him to the vet. I hope he gets better!
hugs.gif

I think you should give him some probiotic or vitamin C or something like that. I don't know of any other thing to do, and if he gets worse/does not improve, I recommend taking him to the vet. I hope he gets better!
hugs.gif
I took him to the vet this morning. She gave Oreo medicine. I have to give it to him twice a day. It may be an ear infection.
Thanks!

Oh, sorry I forgot to update! Oreo is doing a lot better. He is recovering. He has a few more days left that he has to take his medication. He will be happy to not have to take it anymore. I think it was just an ear infection. The vet thought so to. The medication I got was baytril. He is very good about taking it, he doesn't like it, but he is good. He is a very very very sweet boy. He is very tame. The medication really helped. I think he is all better. Just in case it was something serious I am going to keep giving it to him until the amount I was given is gone. Well, thanks everyone for the help!

Back
Top Bottom