PLEASE HELP! PROLAPSE VENT!

She needs about 600 mg of calcium with vitamin D daily. Half of a Tums is not enough. The calcium can increase muscle contractions. Let us know how she is doing in the am.
There's still no real change. Except that it got a little softer at the top near the hole. She is also still acting normal until I soaked, sprayed, and put cream on it. But I think that's because she was annoyed. She drank and ate grass this morning. I'm just hoping it's a good sign.

There's still no real change. Except that it got a little softer at the top near the hole. She is also still acting normal until I soaked, sprayed, and put cream on it. But I think that's because she was annoyed. She drank and ate grass this morning. I'm just hoping it's a good sign.
Is she messing with it at all?

Okay, I was just wondering because my chick wouldn't stop and that made it worse. I discovered for a different chick an article how to make an e-collar if you need to. Obviously you'd need a larger lid than she used.

Just in case you need it: http://thewhimsicalfeather.blogspot.com/2012/10/an-e-collar-on-chicken.html
I appreciate it. She is slower today but I'm assuming the darkness of her little coop is throwing her off. I just checked on her and her crop is full now so she ate. She drank Gatorade. One side of her prolapse, the side where she poops, feels softer but the other side is still hard and got a little darker. I'm hoping that she is getting better slowly.

She needs about 600 mg of calcium with vitamin D daily. Half of a Tums is not enough. The calcium can increase muscle contractions. Let us know how she is doing in the am.
Big update...I just soaked her again. With Epsom salt and dish soap. The vent started opening up to reveal that there is a very tiny egg struggling to come out and some crust came off revealing pink on the other side. I was going to keep her in the bucket longer but the neighbors dog came running so I quickly picked her up and put her back in the medical coop. I'm going to try one more soak at 8 then add ointment.🤞

Big update...I just soaked her again. With Epsom salt and dish soap. The vent started opening up to reveal that there is a very tiny egg struggling to come out and some crust came off revealing pink on the other side. I was going to keep her in the bucket longer but the neighbors dog came running so I quickly picked her up and put her back in the medical coop. I'm going to try one more soak at 8 then add ointment.🤞
That's really good!!

Slather her back side up with raw honey. It's the only thing that reduced the swelling when our girl had this. She was prolapsed for 8 days before we started trying more unorthodox methods. I also was trying to get her to pucker I stead of push, so I would rub an ice cube around her vent for 10 seconds then give her a break. As you could imagine, she would pucker. It was what finally worked and she we t on to lay normally with no issues!

Back
Top Bottom