Please help! Respiratory illness spreading

Will do! thank you Dawg53. i will do this right now. i want her tail to pop back up! how long should i keep them isolated from the rest of the flock after their meds are done? at least a couple weeks, right?

Will do! thank you Dawg53. i will do this right now. i want her tail to pop back up! how long should i keep them isolated from the rest of the flock after their meds are done? at least a couple weeks, right?
Keep in mind that even if the tylan effectively treats your two sick birds, they are never CURED of the whatever disease it is. Stress can "bring out" symptoms at any given time and you'll see a repeat of what you're currently dealing with if you put your two birds with your existing flock even after successful treatment. Then you'll be playing nursemaid to a whole flock of sick chickens $$$.

Two of them have been enough to deal with. I guess they will be in the basement indefinitely or I have to get classical music wired into the coop to make sure no one gets stressed. Thanks so much again for your words of wisdom. I got the buttermilk mixture down there and she ate some of it, as did my brahma. Hopefully that tail will pop up soon and we can at least all be feeling better.

Back
Top Bottom