Please help scorpion stung my chicken

haidar

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 15, 2011
Hey guys i have 12 chickens in my back yard 1 died about 2 weeks ago because it got stung by a bark scorpion .. i called this company and they sprayed some chemicals and now i came back home and i saw my chicken laying on the ground with pain and its breathing heavily .. my chickens are 5-6 months old i raised them since they were babies and it really hurts seeing them die .. is there any thing i can do? i have my RIR chicken on my lab now and shes going through major pain what can i do?

oh sweetie my heart goes out to you. our scorpions here in missouri sting like a bee and do not kill. i have no idea what you should do for your chicken
sad.png
i will keep up on this post, and pray for you and your beloved chicken. I hope someone will see your post and give some sound advise.
Donna in branson

thank you so much guys im going to cvs to buy benadryl im going to give her a small amount

here this is for humans ....

If you are stung by any scorpion, including the venomous Arizona Bark Scorpion, here are some immediate actions you should take:

1.Wash the area of the scorpion sting with soap and water.
2.Apply a cool compress on the area of the scorpion sting. Ice (wrapped in a washcloth or other suitable covering) may be applied to the sting location for 10 minutes. Remove compress for 10 minutes and repeat as necessary.
3.If stung on a limb (arm or leg) elevate the limb to heart level.
4.Call the Banner Poison Control Center Hotline at 1-800-222-1222. If you develop symptoms such as numbness or tingling of extremities or face, blurry vision, or muscle twitching, roving eye movements, go to the nearest emergency room. Young children and older people who are stung by a scorpion should be taken to the emergency room immediately.
5.Keep your tetanus shots and boosters current.

this is a youtube of a guy that was stung

Quote:
hey forget the small amount i give my 6 pound chinese cresteds 25 mg of benadryl. do 25 mg sweetie. use a needless syringe, keep the chicken upright so it wont go into the lung ( it will fall out of the beak instead) and slowly admin the med one drop at a time

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom