Please Help! Urgent!!!

For me the best worming plan is to worm with safeguard and then 7 to 10 days later worm again with valbazen. This will break the worms reproductive cycle. You will have to not eat the eggs for 21 days...although some people do eat them. I would pick up some fresh droppings of poop in a zip lock plastic bag and have the vet run a parasite test. That way you will know if worms are present before you go through with the cost of worming and not eating eggs for 3 weeks. I would also do what carfare girl suggested and check for lice (vent area) and mites (at night with a flash light).the mites like to come out at night and you can see them crawling on the roost bar. Sorry about your hen. Sometimes it is just so hard to know when they are sick they hide it well.

Last edited:
I'm very sorry.
hugs.gif

I am so sorry to hear of Benny's passing...i'm going through something similar with one of my girls and I'm afraid she might not make it through the night. Yesterday I lost my favorite girl, a neighbor's dog got loose and killed her. It's amazing how much a part of our lives these little creatures become.

The rest of my chickens seem fine they are walking around eating laying eggs. I'm going to worn them soon. And I cleaned the coop and got a new water can.

I am so sorry to hear of Benny's passing...i'm going through something similar with one of my girls and I'm afraid she might not make it through the night.  Yesterday I lost my favorite girl, a neighbor's dog got loose and killed her.  It's amazing how much a part of our lives these little creatures become.

Did your chicken make it? If not I'm very sorry for your loss. People think its just a chicken and if you lose one its not a big deal but after a while you get attached to them.

Did your chicken make it? If not I'm very sorry for your loss. People think its just a chicken and if you lose one its not a big deal but after a while you get attached to them.

I am so sad to say that she didn't make it. She passed away Sunday night, I was with her when she passed. i guess there is only so much that we can do...these little creatures are so strong and vulnerable at the same time. And you're right chickenperson, we do get very attached, they become a part of the family.

Sorry to hear that you lost her. Besides worming, I would dust them for lice too. Parasites are the worst and you just don't know under all that fluff until it is too late sometimes.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom