Please help us! Unabsorbed Yolk, lost my babies and name picking,

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ajphil09, Sep 5, 2013.

1. ajphil09

ajphil09 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2013
    I am new to ducks, and for the most part every question I've had has been answered from previous posts. Today I am begging for help, I've been incubating an egg with a heat lamp and creating humidity with a spray bottle, it pipped last night, and this morning it was struggling so I went to help the guy out and saw the yoke has not fully absorbed, it's 12 hours later and my little fighter is showing progress. I read to keep it upright in a cup, with a washcloth and some heat. (I just want him/her to rest so he can absorb it!) But the little guy keeps moving around unless he's in my lap. Well tonight my 2 ducks were killed, I'm devastated and I am in so much pain and I need my little guy to be okay more than anything in the world. The yoke is about the size of a pinky toe, and he is doing good, but I'm scared and I wish I didn't have to go to school in 5 hours. Any advice for me? Also, I am trying to think of an iconic name for him. Someone who had to fight hard to bring peace maybe. Right now I am thinking Ghandi. His parents are Luke and Leia but I don't know if I can name him something to that level because it's hurting so bad to think of them. I can't believe they are gone. Thank you guys so much.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    So sorry for your loss , how is the baby doing did it hatch okay? and if you can what happened to your ducks that got killed?

3. ajphil09

Sep 5, 2013
    They were killed by my mothers dog =\ Wicket didn't make it through the day. I spent the night with him and we talked all night! He had a very important message to deliver, and they are in a better place. I just can't believe they are gone. I'm sorry I didn't update. I just can't believe my babies are gone

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I'm so sorry that is heartbreaking.
    [​IMG]

5. ajphil09

Sep 5, 2013
    Thank you for the hug <3 I'm getting a little closer to peace I really feel like they are looking out for me and sending me signs that they are okay :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by