Please Help! What breed and what gender?

jojothechicken

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 6, 2012

^^^ This is my little hen, Willa. She is about 4 1/2-5 weeks old and is (supposed to be) a hen. But people keep saying that her comb is growing really quickly. I don't know what breed she is. If it is a she!

<<<<this is one of my other hens, JoJo. She is the same age but obviously, as you can see, her comb is very small. She is a Golden Comet.

So can anyone help me determine what breed Willa is? And also if she is a hen or a rooster, because I will not buy her if she is a rooster, so it's really important to know ASAP! Thanks!!

the comb is quite large for that age, but it could still be a hen depeding on the breed. When i fist saw the pic, i thought it might be a leghorn. The yellow legs, and large comb are charicteristics of leghorns. but the comb may still be too big to be a hen

Chick number 1 is definitely a rooster. The comb is far too red and large for his age to be anything else, sorry. The second chick is a bit young to tell properly but if I had to guess I would say its a pullet.

looks a bit like our young leghorn rooster same age...but wattles are more noticeable in ours so you may still have a pullet?i'm no expert though
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom