Please help with breed pronounciation!

Ok, to me
D'uccle I would think because the D has a ' symbol after it, you have to pronounce the d as a D then you pronounce the uccle. ?

Quote:
Yeah, I've been pronouncing them CAM-peen, which is the way you're supposed to, because it sounds right. But the way it's spelled suggests CAM-pine, which sounds weird... so thanks for the proper pronounciation, guys!

Hey no one should feel dumb here, LOL
I get turned around on the way some of these names are pronounced,

Like this one Polish, hehe sometimes i pronounce it as i need to polish the furniture LOL
And sometimes i pronounce it as a Polish Person. because i had herd others say it that way. soooo
if someone could fix that one for me i would love it. LOL

Quote:
Perhaps we could combine that into campaign
wink.png
as in a campaign to have chickens universally adored?

D'Uccle, in English, is pronounced as it looks.
In French, No special Dee but the U would be more of an oo & not ending in an 'ay' sound. There is no acute accent over the e as in é which gives more of an ay sound.... as in café.
The D would be 'of' or 'from' Uccle (in Belgium).

Last edited:
FWIW, I remember sitting in on a 1st grade phonics lesson and listening to the teacher tell the kids that there is a different sound to the words "write" and "right," and also listening to the vowel sounds and spellings and thinking "but what about regional accents?"

I grew up in Dallas, and know that there, farther into East Texas and other southern accents pronounce a long A for a lot of words that are pronounced with a short A elsewhere. And in New England they add and delete Rs from the pronunciation of a number of words regardless of whether there is R in the spelling or not.

Norwegian Jaerhon = Nor-wee-jin Yare-hon.
smile.png

And I'm pretty sure penedesenca = pen-ih-de (not dee)-sen-ka.

I believe everything else everyone said is correct.

Back
Top Bottom