Please help with sick peacock

Weight of flock in pounds divided by 2.2, times 50, divided by 100. The answer to that is the number of ml needed for your flock for five days in a row.

Example:
10 seven pound hens looks like this - 70 ÷ 2.2 x 50 ÷ 100 = 16ml (rounded up from 15.9090909091)

-Kathy

Last edited:
Or orally:

0.23ml per poundsfor five days.
That works out to:
Peafowl Amount (1 ml = 1 cc)
Large Adult Male 3 ml
Small Adult Male 2 ml
Large Adult Female 2 ml
Small Adult Female 1.5 ml
Large 3 month old chick 1 ml
Medium 3 month old chick 0.8 ml
Small 3 month old chick 0.7 ml
Above doses are for liquid *or* paste.

-Kathy

They all eat out of the same food tray so it may be a little hard to know who's getting the right dose and who's not. So I may have to split my chickens from my peas because they are big enough that they will need the same dose. If catching them one by one was a possibility I would do that lol but theirs no way that would work lol.

They all eat out of the same food tray so it may be a little hard to know who's getting the right dose and who's not. So I may have to split my chickens from my peas because they are big enough that they will need the same dose. If catching them one by one was a possibility I would do that lol but theirs no way that would work lol.
I always mix way more than they will finish for breakfast, i split it up in to many feeders and then they come back threw the day and finish it off .
My flocks all free range together so this is the way i like to do it here.

Sounds good im going to start it tomarrow morning when I feed them again. They still have plenty of food they will finish befor the day is up but I will start fresh in the morning.

I have some bad news....Little Eagle is starting to wheeze again! Shes starting to breath with her mouth open, sneezing and sounds all clogged up. We done the safe guard and Tylan 50! She was doing well for almost a week and now shes getting bad again. Ibdontb know what route to take next, shes eating and drinking just fine. It seems to me that ever since I added probiotics to her water she started getting sick again...any ideas or advise??? Should I stop the probiotics and dose her with Corid? ??

She weighs two lbs. In grams I dont know im sorry. Her face isnt puffy and no nasal discharge, Im not sure about her throat I will have to have my husband hold her while I look tomarrow. She inhalers through her beak and exhaled with her beak wide open and extends her neck.

Back
Top Bottom