Please help with Silkie injury got in fight with other silkie hen sorry for the long post!

Hello I am hoping for some help, I have 5 silkies all 11 weeks that my broody silkie hatched they stay in a flock together and seem to get along well the only male that hatched from this group that I am aware of is a Satin. I came out to find Eggs and her sister fighting she had her by the head feathers and was dragging her before I was able to get there (they are free ranging on several acres) My 15 week old Jersey Roo stepped in and nicely stopped the fight he simply walked between them and flapped his wings they ran but then began fighting again until I got to them. Eggs has what looks to be a peck mark in her head the eye is fine. How do I treat the wound? Do I need to pen Eggs up away from the others until it heals? They are all free ranging together and are getting along like nothing happened. The wound does not look bad looks like some bruising along with the peck mark. I have never had a fight that ended in an injury in my flock usually there is a stare down and someone says uncle and walks away. I also don't know which of the hens injured eggs because the 3 of them are all black and look very similar. Could there be a roo in there and that's what's causing the issue? If so how do I tell? This is my first time hatching silkies their momma was the only survivor of some silkie chicks purchased from a local garden and feed store she was raised with 2 polish that I got at the same time. I purchased the eggs for her to hatch so I could have more silkies and was not confident purchasing from the feed store due to my last exp. Any advice is so appreciated I have attached photos of the injury as well as what eggs normally looks like. I apologize the pics are not better I had to hold and take the phots by myself thanks in advance!
I just saw this and I'm glad to read his wound wasn't bad. I'm not an expert, but all I've seen and read with silkies is roos have larger combs, walk more erect and have the streamers...at least that's how all mine turned out. The white one with the smaller comb appears to be female. They're beautiful and I hope all works out for you

I just saw this and I'm glad to read his wound wasn't bad. I'm not an expert, but all I've seen and read with silkies is roos have larger combs, walk more erect and have the streamers...at least that's how all mine turned out. The white one with the smaller comb appears to be female. They're beautiful and I hope all works out for you
Thank you!! I am working to figure out which sister is the culprit! The three of them are identical so from a distance you cant tell! I see in this thread this is normal so I am hoping its just a pecking order thing! Thanks again for your help!!

Back
Top Bottom