Please Help! Wyandotte Chick Sexing

Also, my SLW chicks are very bold girls. They fly all over me, jump out of the brooder and explore. They are super friendly and want to sit in my lap and climb in my hair. It just might be their personalities. Don’t worry too much!
Yes I definitely can relate! All I can think is; 'oh lord please don't let it poo in my hair'. And thank you, I will keep an eye out for the redness. This waiting is killing me! I'm too attached now!

That helps immensely! They are beautiful. I do notice they have more tail feathers and less white than my silver. Silvia.. I see what you did there! Otherwise very similar which gives me hope:fl
Mine are still just a tad bit younger than your’s and don’t have as developed wing feathers as yours yet, the tail feathers are also still a bit of baby fluff. Mine might not be the same quality either, they are from Atwood’s and are nothing fancy ; )

It’s still not really red. These are two cockerels I had around 6 weeks. Different breeds, but the already had a lot more comb development and they were turning really red.

Attachments

• 07C91D68-418F-41D5-AF33-027E0C9D6AEE.jpeg
    07C91D68-418F-41D5-AF33-027E0C9D6AEE.jpeg
    576.4 KB · Views: 7
  • C8E2A19C-15C8-4D0A-8D32-97626240DD03.jpeg
    C8E2A19C-15C8-4D0A-8D32-97626240DD03.jpeg
    460.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 869ADAC2-6B3A-4E3A-BF13-98C8C73BDB19.jpeg
    869ADAC2-6B3A-4E3A-BF13-98C8C73BDB19.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 6
Nice to see a fellow West Aussie on the forums! :highfive:
They are both gorgeous! I know that feeling of absolute joy when a chick you've been obsessing about turns out to ACTUALLY be a pullet! :yesss: We have a beautiful golden laced girl too (named Leia)... she's the one in my profile pic! Congratulations on raising two happy, lovely girls! :)

~ Jemima
Yes you may be the first WA local I've seen! We are a lucky bunch especially in the middle of this pandemic.

Your golden has gorgeous lacing - may I ask where you got your chooks? Maybe ours are sisters :love

Here's my Golden girl a few days ago with her half-koala, half-chicken baby. "Onwards steed!"

She is all grown up now. Gives me all the feels :hit
119085750_1026547871131019_6742281066645396198_n.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's SO cool that they're both from Comps! :celebrate What are the chances?!?

Yes, Comps' Wyandottes have amazing lacing; I'm really impressed with the quality of most of their birds. Though our Faverolles didn't turn out exactly show quality.. .;) I may have missed it somewhere in this thread, but what's your Golden's name?

May I ask what other breeds you have? 🙂 I'd give you a list of mine but they're already in my profile text...

Leia has been going broody a lot too; thankfully she doesn't last for that long though.
I'm always able to catch her early so we don't have to go through the trauma of separating her from the flock... :p

I do love Australorps, we have one and I call her 'EggMaster 2000' I''m sure you can guess why :ya

Hehe, yep... Ours goes straight to the nest box first thing every morning; I don't think she's missed a day since she's gotten used to the idea of laying. Our BR also a wonderful layer; she laid two eggs yesterday! :D

Pics of the little chick would be fun; I'd love to see how she turns out! We had a roo that was supposed to be a Buff Laced, but he turned out more splash-looking...

Back
Top Bottom