Please HELP! Young Silkie injured!

Quote: Really? Do you think he has a chance? He can't walk, but he can sure put up a fight if he doesn't like what your doing to him.
He barely lifts his head! I have a feeling that I did MY best, but I think Kathy and all of you could have done better.....
I hope I can save him...
hit.gif

I found out that if you just syringe a little bit of water in his mouth he'll swallow it. I got him to drink a lot more. I don't know how much he's had because there are no measure marks on the syringe. I'm going to try and feed him something.
No food, just water with maybe a little sugar in it. If there is food in his crop he doesn't need more food.

-Kathy

He's had a pretty good amount of water and he gets tired after awhile and then he doesn't have the energy to drink anymore. I don't want to choke him.

No, he's just laying on his side and not moving much. Last time I picked him up there was the same gooey slimy stuff coming out of his beak.
He's so weak! His owners are coming tonight sometime.......I don't know if he'll be alive when they come......
hit.gif

lightchick..

Hang in there...you have some wonderful people helping you here...casportpony and eggsessive have given you so much help...you are doing wonderfully by him..without the three of you he would not still be here...whatever the outcome he could be in no better care .... praying for you and him!

He stopped drooling! I hope that's a good sign! He is eating/drinking a little. (when I put it in his beak) His eye that was closed is opening a little bit now.

Good to hear. I hope his owners get home soon to see him. You have been working so hard to help this little guy. I'm glad that Suzie and Casportpony helped you out with first aid and tube feeding help. Hopefully he will recover from this.

Back
Top Bottom