Please help.,

AimeeRenee

In the Brooder
Oct 2, 2015
Discovery Bay, Ca
I have a Rouen Duck who was hurt by a puppy trying to play with her., she has lost most of the feathers on her back., I have her safe inside now but I need to know if there's anything I can do as far as salve or ointment for her exposed skin., and or something for her pain. I'm very scared of losing her, I've raised her from a duckling and my heart is breaking. Please help., any info would be a blessing and greatly appreciated...:,-(

If she isn't ripped open then put a saddle on her, a chicken saddle should be able to be adjusted to fit a duck, it sounded like she just had her feathers pulled, can you post a pic?

She isn't ripped open, but there are a few bloody spots where her larger feathers were pulled. I am new to this site and don't know how to post a pic.., what is a chicken saddle? My Dolly is the first bird I've ever had and I'm learning as I go with her. I love her very much and was a frantic mess when I found her. Is Bag Balm something I can get at a farm supply or pet shop? Her skin is so raw. I'm keepin her in a large box inside away in a room away from the other animals and was able to get her to drink some water., I'm afraid her trauma is the worst part, I just want to make her comfortable and heal her...

they have bag balm at most farm stores, look up the chicken saddles, it looks bad but don't worry she will heal up fine if it is only from, you can put triple antibiotic on the bloody spots and she will heal up fine, one of my chicken hens got sliced so deep you could see the tissue that covers the body cavity, it was about an inch long, a quarter could probably fit in it, but we got her healed up nicely, and my neighbor said my roo was delicious.

well elcome to the BYC family! so sorry bout your little ducky if there isn't any ripped spots u wont need bag balm.

lol
they have bag balm at most farm stores, look up the chicken saddles, it looks bad but don't worry she will heal up fine if it is only from, you can put triple antibiotic on the bloody spots and she will heal up fine, one of my chicken hens got sliced so deep you could see the tissue that covers the body cavity, it was about an inch long, a quarter could probably fit in it, but we got her healed up nicely, and my neighbor said my roo was delicious.
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom