1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PLEASE HELP ?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by thewolf1039, Apr 26, 2017.

1. thewolf1039

thewolf1039 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2017
    i have a couple 3 month old chicks and one of them as watery poop but no other chicken as it i have not gave them any treat
    so i dont now what it can be

thanks to all help[​IMG]

2. Abriana

Abriana Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2017
    Sometimes chicks will have watery poops. It probably isn't anything serious, just watch the chick and don't give her lots of treats. If she is dehydrated from so much liquid being passed through and not being absorbed, you can buy electrolyte and probiotic to clear up the problem. Make sure she is eating and drinking plenty!

3. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    Right. Watery poop can result from a hot day and a chicken drinking a lot of water. It can result from eating things high in water content such as lettuce and squash.

I have a hen who is seven years old. She has had watery squirts since she was a day old. She's always been in very good health except for her annoying splorts. It's just her default style of poop.

As long as the pullet is active and eating and behaving normally, and there's no blood in the stool, try not to worry.

4. thewolf1039

thewolf1039 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2017
    thank you so much

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by