Please help!

@Josiecast
what are you feeding your ducklings? are you supplementing with some form of niacin? Most of the time when we hear of leg problems like lameness it is because of a niacin deficiency and can be treated by supplementing, You will need to get 150 mgs of "plain" niacin  and start putting it into their drinking water or sprinkling it on their feed. Or get some Nutritional yeast and sprinkle it on their feed. 1 Tab per 1 cup of feed they will need this till 10 weeks old daily. If you decide you want to use niacin instead of BY or can't find either you can also use B complex as long as there is at least 125 mgs of niacin in each capsule or tablet.

Usually once they are started on the niacin supplement it doesn't take long till they are up walking again.  3-7 days.

This is the only niacin that I found, will this do?

Brewers yeast is fine just check and make sure your duckling is getting at least 125-150mgs of niacin a day that is the main reason I said Nutritional instead of brewers yeast it has more niacin.

Would I still need the nutritional Yeast if I bought this kind of feed?

Hi there, I also have a 3 week old duckling that started having leg problems. I haven't been able to find niacin where I live, however I did buy a water soluble poultry vitamin supplement that contains niacin at Tractor Supply! I have been providing this since Sunday, but Duckie doesn't seem to have much improvement yet.

Planning on buying more of the vitamins supplement & the same feed you have here tomorrow until I can get brewer's yeast shipped to me. Keep us posted on your duckling!

Hi there, I also have a 3 week old duckling that started having leg problems. I haven't been able to find niacin where I live, however I did buy a water soluble poultry vitamin supplement that contains niacin at Tractor Supply! I have been providing this since Sunday, but Duckie doesn't seem to have much improvement yet.

Planning on buying more of the vitamins supplement & the same feed you have here tomorrow until I can get brewer's yeast shipped to me. Keep us posted on your duckling!
Good luck! I found brewers yeast on amazon prime so it shouldn't be too bad

I found this niacin on amazon, hopefully it works!

Back
Top Bottom