This is her hiding in the cage shaking. The yellow stuff.... that is it

Attachments

• 11920.jpeg
    11920.jpeg
    544 KB · Views: 6
  • 11924.jpeg
    11924.jpeg
    611.8 KB · Views: 5
Oxley enough...this morning after being quarantined.
This is her hiding in the cage shaking. The yellow stuff.... that is it
I'm assuming you meant, oddly enough-she did lay an egg this morning? Was the egg normal - no soft shell, etc.? Has she had any problems laying eggs?
Did you feel her crop - had it pretty much emptied overnight?

The yellow poop is not normal. Did you feel her abdomen for any bloat, swelling or fluid?
If you can, take a sample to your vet for testing.

I'm assuming you meant, oddly enough-she did lay an egg this morning? Was the egg normal - no soft shell, etc.? Has she had any problems laying eggs?
Did you feel her crop - had it pretty much emptied overnight?

The yellow poop is not normal. Did you feel her abdomen for any bloat, swelling or fluid?
If you can, take a sample to your vet for testing.

Yes, that is what I meant. I am very sorry. My mind is going faster than my fingers today. I was not home when she laid it but my daughter said it was normal. She has had problems in the past, especially while her crop was impacted, and she was laying eggs with "crinkly" shells and one soft shelled egg. Since she has been back with the flock her eggs have been normal but only lays every couple of days. Her crop this morning was still full. This morning her abdomen felt normal to me. I will feel her abdomen when I get home shortly.

She has had problems in the past, especially while her crop was impacted, and she was laying eggs with "crinkly" shells and one soft shelled egg.
she has been back with the flock her eggs have been normal but only lays every couple of days. Her crop this morning was still full.

Has she ever had any respiratory problems before (coughing, sneezing, mucous, watery eyes)? The crop problem may have contributed to the crinkly eggs, but often times they can be caused by respiratory illness as well.

The crop still being full this morning, you may want to investigate that further. I know you massage it daily - with a pendulous crop you may want to try a crop bra to see if tha help. You can purchase them online or try your hand at making your own.
DIY Crop Bra https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...t-pendulent-crop.1221031/page-2#post-19554972
Short and sweet article about crop problems https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
Detailed article about crop problems http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/impacted-slow-and-sour-crops-prevention-and-treatments

I would monitor her closely. The poop I do not like. I have seen similar with a couple of my own girls and they had reproductive /internal laying problems.

I’m sorry Dutchess isn’t feeling well. Hmmm... I think yellow heated can mean a liver problem. I’m not sure if that’s what we’re seeing in the photo, but it could be.
What do you feed your flock? Too many treats can lead to fatty liver disease. Again, not saying that’s what the issue is, but something to keep in mind. Is she straining trying to defacate? I also wonder if she could be backed up. Does your flock have access to granite grit? I would make sure she has some while in isolation. You can also give her little chunks of solid coconut oil to loosen things up if she is indeed blocked up somewhere. Keeping her warm, comfortable and hydrated will be important moving forward no matter what issue she has. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Back
Top Bottom