Cliftonsfarm

Chirping
May 4, 2016
Hello,
My Buff has had this on her leg for going on 4 days. Staying the same size. I have moved her to another pen due to the others started picking at it and has caused a scab now. Have gave her warm epsom salt soaks. Giving her Oregano. She had been broody for about a week I would pick her up and physically put her in the large pen with the others then all of a sudden this appears. It wasn't small to begin with. One day she was fine and the next this. Not seeing any bites nor any black holes for bumble foot. It is soft not hard (kinda as if we would sprain our ankle with swelling). She is not limping. She is walking, eating and drinking fine. Poop is not green, vent normal. (Thinking gout) I am lost. Anyone have any ideas? Thoughts of treatment?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200506-130953_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200506-130953_Gallery.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 3
Can you get some more pictures, from several angles. I'm not exactly sure what I'm seeing.
I can see some black so am concerned that there may be infection and some necrosis there.
Is she walking on it at all? You said it wasn't small to begin with, but that this happened overnight, so can you clarify a bit what happened when, what you meant by that? From what I can tell from this one picture I think vet care is going to be your best option. Probably some antibiotics, and they may need to do some xrays to see what's really going on with the foot/leg.

Back
Top Bottom