Please help!!!

We have big rocks but they aren’t crushed. I also soil like for plants would that work

They need little rocks. Rocks about the size of peas, or the size of grains of corn, would be about right.

Soil for plants sometimes has rocks, sometimes not, so I don't know for sure. If the soil has little lumps, try squishing one or stepping on one to see if it's a rock or not.

They need little rocks. Rocks about the size of peas, or the size of grains of corn, would be about right.

Soil for plants sometimes has rocks, sometimes not, so I don't know for sure. If the soil has little lumps, try squishing one or stepping on one to see if it's a rock or not.
I don’t have anywhere to get them though.

I don’t have anywhere to get them though.

Chickens who get just water and chicken food often do fine without grit.
Chickens who eat other things usually need grit to grind it up.
The grit can stay in their gizzard for quite a while, so if they picked some up from the ground in the past they may be fine.

I do not know whether your chickens badly need grit right now or not. :idunno Someone suggested it, and I got busy thinking about where to get it and what might work for the purpose.

If you don't have easy access to grit right now, your chickens might be fine, but I just don't know.
You could consider getting some next time you get chicken food, if they come from the same store--it won't help if they need it now, but at least you'd have it for later. And buying it at the feed store is probably cheaper than buying it online (because grit is heavy to ship.)

The grit can stay in their gizzard for quite a while, so if they picked some up from the ground in the past they may be fine.

I do not know whether your chickens badly need grit right now or not. :idunno Someone suggested it, and I got busy thinking about where to get it and what might work for the purpose.

If you don't have easy access to grit right now, your chickens might be fine, but I just don't know.
You could consider getting some next time you get chicken food, if they come from the same store--it won't help if they need it now, but at least you'd have it for later. And buying it at the feed store is probably cheaper than buying it online (because grit is heavy to ship.)
The feed store is very far away like an hour drive almost. And I cannot seem to find the website. If you can, could u help me find the tsc store for Ontario thanks

I only found this

Attachments

• 7F44A435-3A74-4853-8FEC-0F1584C2EAEB.jpeg
    7F44A435-3A74-4853-8FEC-0F1584C2EAEB.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 3

There are only two types. The one for the oldest chickens are 4-6 weeks there’s no grit for older hens

Found this cherry stone grit. Should I feed that to my hens? It Said it’s better than granite

The feed store is very far away like an hour drive almost. And I cannot seem to find the website. If you can, could u help me find the tsc store for Ontario thanks

I find this website:
https://www.tscstores.com/
It's got a spot to select what city you're in.
I'm not finding grit on that website--odd, I would think USA chickens and Canadian chickens have the same needs, so I don't know why they would sell it in the US but not in Canada.

Found this cherry stone grit. Should I feed that to my hens? It Said it’s better than granite

Probably a good choice. As long as it says it's grit for chickens, and either is granite or claims to be better than granite, I think it's the right kind of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom