Please help!!!

Let us know what their crop feels like First Thing in the morning Before they have had anything to eat/drink.

Good Luck!
Today in the morning the chickens crop feels less squishy and less full. They came out and drank lots of water. But the. They open their mouth and looks like it’s gonna throw up and then sneezed. I only give feed and water since I have no grit and coconut oil. I kept the door open while they were sleeping

You have about 20 feed stores in the Toronto area.
feed stores - Google Maps
Get on the phone and find those that sell grit. Forget those with only dog and cat food.

Study this treatise on sour crop and learn how to prevent it.
How to avoid sour crop and a crop-bound chicken - thisNZlife

I read about people experiencing sour crop frequently but I believe it is easily avoidable.
I come by that belief because I've raised about 3,000 chickens in my life and never had a chicken with sour crop in all those years.
I also have never had a chicken with a respiratory illness. That's because I place ventilation as the most important concept in housing.
Keeping chickens isn't that hard. Don't keep them in a cave and feed them the way they would normally eat.
Chickens in the wild don't get sour crop nor have respiratory issues.

You have about 20 feed stores in the Toronto area.
feed stores - Google Maps
Get on the phone and find those that sell grit. Forget those with only dog and cat food.

Study this treatise on sour crop and learn how to prevent it.
How to avoid sour crop and a crop-bound chicken - thisNZlife

I read about people experiencing sour crop frequently but I believe it is easily avoidable.
I come by that belief because I've raised about 3,000 chickens in my life and never had a chicken with sour crop in all those years.
I also have never had a chicken with a respiratory illness. That's because I place ventilation as the most important concept in housing.
Keeping chickens isn't that hard. Don't keep them in a cave and feed them the way they would normally eat.
Chickens in the wild don't get sour crop nor have respiratory issues.
Approximately how many pounds of grit does a hen need who are laying per year? Because I found 20 bucks for 3 pounds of flint grit.

Approximately how many pounds of grit does a hen need who are laying per year? Because I found 20 bucks for 3 pounds of flint grit.

That's probably a good starting point.

I tried googling, and found one page that said 2-4 pounds per hen per year, but all the other pages I found said to just keep it constantly available (without giving any idea of how much grit is actually needed to do that.)

Back
Top Bottom