PLEASE HELP!

Jun 22, 2020
I have a chick that was sick then fine and now she is sick again. She is lethargic. The only way she drinks is if I dip her beak in water. She can't stay awake long enough to eat. I am super worried. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help her. I'm not sure if her breed helps and when I got her so I'll just put it. She is an Amber link, and I got her Saturday or 3 days ago from tractor supply. Her poop is normal. Anything will help thanks!

Not a lot of info to go on here.
Where you keeping her at? What are you feeding her? What is the temperature? What kind of bedding, heat lamp? etc etc. Any breezes?

It's really hard to give any kind of info with just 'help its sick now what"

If you can provide more info it would help us help you a lot better.
Aaron

Edit: Pictures of her and her surrounds would help a ton as well

As far as you can tell, she's not being bullied by the others or anything.
You said she was sick, then was fine, now sick again.
What made you think she was sick the first time? What made you think she was then fine?
Just trying to figure out what might be wrong.

Was she at any time, acting normal for a chick? How much are you handling her?
Aaron

No, and I also notice she can't really walk, or stand for a long period of time. Here is a pic of her legs.

Attachments

• 20210309_162144.jpg
    20210309_162144.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 5
Not a lot of info to go on here.
Where you keeping her at? What are you feeding her? What is the temperature? What kind of bedding, heat lamp? etc etc. Any breezes?

It's really hard to give any kind of info with just 'help its sick now what"

If you can provide more info it would help us help you a lot better.
Aaron

Edit: Pictures of her and her surrounds would help a ton as well
Ok thanks. She does have a heat lamp. Pine shavings. She is kept with 5 barred rock chicks and 4 amber links. We are feeding her Perdue starter grower non medicated. And no breezes.

So, you had her 3 days, she is sick, she's fine, now she's sick again. That's an awful fast time to get sick, get well, get sick again. Might want to trade her in for a healthier model.

Did you get any other chicks from TSC or just that one, if so how are they doing?
Aaron

Back
Top Bottom