Please help!

I suppose she might be breathing normal… she’s just sitting on my lap, so it looks a little strange because her whole body is moving when she breathes, but it might just look odd because my girls aren’t usually this still! Her breathing doesn’t SOUND labored.

Can you please post some photos - hen, poop?

What was the vet treating with the antibiotic? Any diagnosis?
Was a fecal float done to confirm worms or ?

Symptoms? She's laying down, in a daze, has she been laying eggs, is she able to eat/drink on her own, is her crop emptying, any lice/mites, any bloat or fluid in the abdomen, how old is she?

If Safeguard is given for 5 days in a row, there's no repeat.

I would work on hydration, ensure she's drinking well.
I agree, probably the antibiotic made her feel better for a while and now she's in a state of decline, but hard to know without more info.
The vet was very nice, but also in a bit of a hurry… he had a horse emergency at a farm to go to, so I didn’t get a ton of info.

*He didn’t really tell me what he as giving the antibiotic for.

*He did not do a fecal float test, but to be fair, there was no poop in the kennel I brought her in, and she didn’t poop the entire time we were there, so we really didn’t have a choice. She wasn’t pooping a whole lot then, and she doesn’t seem to be going much right now, either. She sat on my lap for a good 30-45 minutes and never went at all.

*She is not laying eggs at the moment.

*Her crop is empty, but abdomen down kind of between her legs feels pretty large - a little like a filled water balloon?

*She is 3 years old

*No lice or mites that I can find.

I spent some time out there this morning, and I did see her drinking a little, but I gave them a little bit of cracked corn, (mostly to try to get to where I could catch her), and she didn’t seem at all interested in that.

I hope this info along with the pictures are helpful. Let me know if there are any other questions. I really appreciate your help in this - I REALLY don’t want to lose this sweet girl!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    824.7 KB · Views: 4
  • C6FDB7D9-83A1-4652-82AF-43649BB07FB5.jpeg
    C6FDB7D9-83A1-4652-82AF-43649BB07FB5.jpeg
    467 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    671.5 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg