Please help

SEC_Girl

Chirping
Aug 11, 2023
My Golden 300 hen has been sick for 2 weeks however, the past 3 days she's seemed ok during the day although still not eating much at all and more tired than normal. At night when I put them up she is all of a sudden Very unstable, can hardly walk straight and uses her wings for balance.

My Golden 300 hen has been sick for 2 weeks however, the past 3 days she's seemed ok during the day although still not eating much at all and more tired than normal. At night when I put them up she is all of a sudden Very unstable, can hardly walk straight and uses her wings for balance.
poor sweetie 💕
how old is she and
what is all in her diet?
does her poop look normal ? check for worms?
one of my ducks was like that and i started giving her 1 ml of liquid b complex every day, she perked right up, i continued for a week and then did every other day the following week.
oh and also when did she last lay an egg?

poor sweetie 💕
how old is she and
what is all in her diet?
does her poop look normal ? check for worms?
one of my ducks was like that and i started giving her 1 ml of liquid b complex every day, she perked right up, i continued for a week and then did every other day the following week.
oh and also when did she last lay an egg?
She last laid 2.5 weeks ago. She gets tomatoes, kale, lettuce, beans, kibble, meal worms and more.

My Ducks all get regular Duck food and the vegetables are treats for them. They need niacin for their legs but I am not sure where you are located at as possibly you don't have access to any regular duck food. It has the nutrients in it to keep them healthy.

She last laid 2.5 weeks ago. She gets tomatoes, kale, lettuce, beans, kibble, meal worms and more.
Ok she may be eggbound. you need to get calcium citrate with d3 (Pills for humans) and give her one a day for up to a week
OR liquid calcium gluconate its says injectable for cows but we give it to ducks orally 1 ml by syringe without needle .
she can also use a warm (not too hot) and add some epsom salt , or not, but if you do dont let her drink any) bath to help her get egg out if she is eggbound it can make ducks lame because the egg presses on nerves inside.

and what do you mean by Kibble?
ducks need a pelleted feed that is either specifically for ducks, or for waterfowl, or an "all-flock" or "flock-raiser" type feed.
they need a bowl of grit and a bowl of crushed or flaked oyster shells on the side (calcium) for all the laying duckhens, they will take what they need

too many vegetables fills their tummies and they can only eat so much therefore they do not get the nutrients they require to stay healthy from a good feed.
start by getting a good feed (if you dont already have one, I didnt know what you mean by kibble, perhaps it is a duck feed or other I mentioned) I use nutrena all flock pellets and also mazuri waterfowl feed

stop giving so many treats thats way too many

You might also Get some liquid vitamin B complex and a 1 ml syringe (without the needle)
give her and any others that show signs of weakness) 1 ml per day, orally to make sure they get it

also get nutritional yeast and add 1 tbsp per cup of feed for all the ducks
they are needing the extra niacin it provides)

Last edited:
Ok she may be eggbound. you need to get calcium citrate with d3 (Pills for humans) and give her one a day for up to a week
OR liquid calcium gluconate its says injectable for cows but we give it to ducks orally 1 ml by syringe without needle .
she can also use a warm (not too hot) and add some epsom salt , or not, but if you do dont let her drink any) bath to help her get egg out if she is eggbound it can make ducks lame because the egg presses on nerves inside.

ducks need a pelleted feed that is either specifically for ducks, or for waterfowl, or an "all-flock" or "flock-raiser" type feed.
they need a bowl of grit and a bowl of crushed or flaked oyster shells on the side (calcium) for all the laying duckhens, they will take what they need

too many vegetables fills their tummies and they can only eat so much therefore they do not get the nutrients they require to stay healthy from a good feed.
start by getting a good feed (if you dont already have one, I didnt know what you mean by kibble, perhaps it is a duck feed or other I mentioned) I use nutrena all flock pellets and also mazuri waterfowl feed

You might also Get some liquid vitamin B complex and a 1 ml syringe (without the needle)
give her and any others that show signs of weakness) 1 ml per day, orally to make sure they get it

Wouldn't she still eat though? And by kibble I mean egg layer booster.

How do I feed her the calcium and D3 pills?

Back
Top Bottom